Recipe by Audrey M
A different twist to your normal Baked Ziti.
Top Review by AuntMare
Another family pleaser. It was easy to make and what a pleasant change from the Italian version. This also freezes well. Double the recipe and have one to eat now and freeze the other for a busy night. Thaw it first in the refrigerator and bake as directed.
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti pasta
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces salsa (hot or mild)
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, divided
- 11 ounces canned corn, drained
- 4 ounces chopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated fat-free parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta according until almost done.
- Spray a 8 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine tomato sauce and salsa.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese with half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Next blend in half of the tomata/salsa sauce, corn, chopped green chilies, oregano and pepper.
- Add the cooked ziti to mixture and mix well.
- Spoon in pasta mixture into your 8 inch casserole dish.
- Spread the remaining sauce over the top followed by the mozzarella cheese and then the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.