Recipe by Leslie in Texas
A friend of mine served this at a party years ago. It was delicious and she shared the recipe with me. Serve it with tortilla or corn chips and watch it disappear!
- 2⁄3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container jalapeno cheddar cheese dip
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup pitted ripe sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- For Crust: Combine tortilla crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325° oven for 15 minutes; cool.
- For filling: Place cottage cheese in a blender and process until smooth.
- In large mixer bowl, combine cottage cheese and cream cheese; mix with hand held mixer on medium speed about 5 minutes, or until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in cheddar cheese and chilies; pour over prepared crust and bake at 325°s for about 1 hour.
- Combine sour cream and dip/spread; mix well.
- Spread over cheesecake and continue baking for about 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and loosen cake from rim of pan with a sharp knife; cool completely before removing rim.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
- Top with topping ingredients and additional sour cream, if desired, and garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.