Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband found this recipe in an old Southern Living cookbook. He's made some adaptations and the result is incredible. This makes a very pretty presentation and people will be asking you for the recipe the second they taste it!
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, melted
- 177.44 ml lemon juice
- 177.44 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml salt
- 14.79 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary or 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 9.85-14.78 ml hot sauce
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1133.98 g unpeeled large shrimp or 1133.98 g shrimp (fresh or thawed frozen..we've also used peeled shrimp and it works just as well and isn't as messy t)
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Rinse shrimp and then drain.
- Layer the shrimp, lemon slices, and onion slices in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Pour reserved butter mixture over shrimp.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and shells start to pull away, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary if desired.
This recipe was awesome! I only used one stick of butter (1/2 cup) and did not use the onions and the recipe was still yummy. Can't wait to make it again!
This is one of my favorite recipes I have found on here. I make it all the time, but tonight I tried a new way. Last night I prepped all of the ingredients, with extra hot sauce (two tablespoons), but left out the shrimp and I put it all in my crockpot and put it in the fridge. In the morning I plugged it in and put in frozen chicken because we are big eaters. Two hours before we were going to eat I put the shrimp in the crockpot. It was absolutely amazing and took very little effort!!
forgot to give it stars last time!!!