1/1 Photo of Southern Style Shrimp
Dine & Dish's Note:
My husband found this recipe in an old Southern Living cookbook. He's made some adaptations and the result is incredible. This makes a very pretty presentation and people will be asking you for the recipe the second they taste it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, melted
- 177.44 ml lemon juice
- 177.44 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml salt
- 14.79 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary or 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 9.85-14.78 ml hot sauce
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1133.98 g unpeeled large shrimp or 1133.98 g shrimp (fresh or thawed frozen..we've also used peeled shrimp and it works just as well and isn't as messy t)
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1Combine the first 9 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2Stir well and set aside.
- 3Rinse shrimp and then drain.
- 4Layer the shrimp, lemon slices, and onion slices in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- 5Pour reserved butter mixture over shrimp.
- 6Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and shells start to pull away, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- 7Garnish with fresh rosemary if desired.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Style Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.2
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 369.3 mg
- Sodium 2042.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 39.7 g