Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Suer moist and Delicious Red Velvet Cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temp
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt together.
- In another bowl mix all wet ingredients. Buttermilk,oil,vinegar, red food coloring,vanilla extract beat on medium speed. Add one egg at a time until well blended. Add dry mix slowly and mix well.
- Spray baking pans with non stick spray add even amounts of mix to pans.
- bake at 350F for 30-35 mins cool and frost.
- Goes well with cream cheese frosting.