Recipe by Lesli MomOf2
This is definitely an unhealthy old southern recipe that we continue to make for all large family gatherings. My oldest son (age 23) makes this when he goes to friends' homes. He said he's never had any left to bring home.
Top Review by loof
Easy and tasty green beans! I cut the recipe down to 2 servings and really enjoyed this easy way to dress up canned beans - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2010 Event (recommended by lazyme)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice bacon into 1 inch pieces, (easiest way is to cut with scissors).
- Put bacon into a large pot and begin to fry.
- While bacon is frying, coarsely chop onion.
- When bacon is about 1/2 way done, add onion and continue frying until bacon is semi crisp. (Do NOT drain grease).
- Drain green beans and dump into bacon and onions. Stir.
- Continue to cook for 30 minutes on medium, stirring occasionally.