Southern Lima Beans & Bacon
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 slices thick bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 14 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- in a 10" skillet melt butter until sizzling, stir in bacon and onion. cook over med-high heat, stirring occasionally about 5 minutes. drain. reduce heat to medium, stir in remaining ingredients. continue cooking, stirring occasionally until lima beans are tender about 8 to 10 minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A nice, simple recipe! I have always found lima beans to be kind of bland, and this recipe really livens them up! I added garlic (I already had it chopped and figured might as well add it in), but otherwise, kept the recipe the same. I found that the tomato masked the bacon, but otherwise, a great recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook. ?Lately I have been baking a lot of bread, pizza dough and sweets. ?I have been a member for many years, and this site is where I come to for something new or old. ?I am hoping to soon add more recipes to my collection.