Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are simple and they come out so nice, they are great for a snack or company and you can use things around the house, this is the basic recipe I add in onions or jalapenos and cheese for flavor.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Combine cornmeal, four, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Combine buttermilk, egg, and butter, mixing well.
- Add to dry ingredients stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Yield is 1 dozen regular muffins or 6 Texas sized.
These tasted okay but they were just too grainy. Could the flour measurements be wrong maybe? Sorry but I won't make them again. Thanks for sharing anyway.