Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
In ‘ The Southern Slow Cooker Bible’ by Tammy Algood
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place beef, egg, cheese, onions, and bread crumbs in a large bowl.
- Mix with your hands until well blended.
- Using a 1 ½ inch melon baller, scoop the meat mixture into balls and place into a lightly greased small slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and cayenne.
- Pour over the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Serve warm.