Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from the book of Splenda. I tried it and it's quite yummy. I omitted the green peas so I used 1 cup of chickpeas. I also omitted the cumin, and fresh coriander.
Top Review by nemokitty
This was a tasty salad for us. I left out the olives, used edamame instead of green peas, and the store didn't have any jicama or coriander. It was still a good salad. We ate it on the weekend with chips while watching tv. Made for Rookie Tag Game 2013.
- 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 15 ounces corn kernels, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, frozen (do not thaw them)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup jicama, diced (optional)
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, put black beans, corn, chickpeas, peas, olives, peppers, onion and jicama.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, splenda, garlic, cumin, salt and dried red pepper. Pour on the salad and stir to coat well. Add coriander and stir again.
- Put in the fridge at least 1 hour before serving. It will be good in the fridge for many days.