Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped, 1 Md
- 1 cup celery, Sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups apples, Pared,Coarsely Chopped
- curry powder
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon, Instant
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 bananas, Peeled And Sliced
- 4 cups rice, Hot, Cooked
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (optional)
- Cook and stir the meat and onion in a large skillet until the onion is tender and the meat is browned.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in the celery, apple, and curry powder and cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except the bananas and rice and heat to boiling.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the bananas then recover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve over the rice.
- If you wish you can garnish the dish with crisply fried bacon or chopped peanuts when you serve it.
- NOTE: You can substitute 1 13 1/2 oz can of pineapple chunks, that has been drained, for the sliced bananas.