Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Posted for ZWT7
Make and share this South Pacific Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 78.07 ml coconut milk
- 2 serrano chilies or 2 jalapeno peppers, preferably red, seeded and minced
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 9.85 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 59.14 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 453.59 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (30-40 per pound)
- 4.92 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml diced seeded tomatoes
- 946.36 ml Baby Spinach
- Combine coconut milk, chiles, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes, tossing occasionally. Drain well, reserving marinade.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add shrimp and cook, turning once, until barely pink, about 30 seconds per side; transfer to a plate.
- Add tomato and spinach to the pan; cook, stirring, until the spinach starts to wilt, about 30 seconds.
- Add the reserved marinade; simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the pan; heat through.
- Serve immediately.