This hot appetizer is made of chicken strips marinated in soy sauce, pineapple juice, passion fruit juice and ginger. I made this for the Tapas party my friend was going to have. Just a different twist on things!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
SOUTH PACIFIC CHICKEN
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup passion fruit nectar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 1/2-inch long strips or 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
GUAVA DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 cup guava nectar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 ounce dark rum (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- green onion, finely minced, for garnish & dipping sauce
- fresh pineapple, sliced, for garnish
- fresh kiwi, sliced, for garnish
- 1Soak wooden skewers in water.
- 2Add pineapple juice, passion fruit nectar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, allspice, salt, and pepper to a nonreactive baking dish large enough to hold all the chicken and mix well.
- 3Add chicken strips and turn to coat; cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade, and skewer each chicken strip.
- 5Thread chicken onto skewers and place skewers on a baking sheet.
- 6Broil in the oven about 6 inches from the heat for 7-8 minutes, turning once.
- 7GUAVA DIPPING SAUCE:.
- 8Add guava nectar, pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, and green onions to a small saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce by half.
- 9Remove from heat and add butter, stirring until melted.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper and more green onions.
- 11TO SERVE:.
- 12Place Guava Dipping Sauce in a small bowl, and place bowl in the middle of a large serving platter.
- 13Fan out South Pacific Chicken Skewers around bowl.
- 14Garnish platter with green onions and pineapple slices. .
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Pacific Chicken Strips With Guava Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 81.1 mg
- Sodium 839.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
passion fruit nectar