- 24 large mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 fresh green chilies or 1⁄2 cup diced canned chilies or 1⁄2 cup frozen chile
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry; rinse the stems.
- Chop the stems and set aside.
- If the chilis are fresh, roast and peel and dice them.
- Otherwise, thaw or drain the chilis.
- Mix the cheeses, the chilis, the onion, and the sour cream with the chopped mushroom stems.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture, piling it on top if necessary.
- Broil until cheese bubbles and is golden.