Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been doing the South Beach Diet for a week now and created this scrumptious salad today. It was so yummy that I know I'll eat this for a long time. It is a must for cilantro lovers!
- 1 (3 ounce) packageof fresh packed albacore tuna (water packed not oil packed) or 1 (3 ounce) packagelight chunk tuna (water packed not oil packed)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 -2 dash Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning (optional)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup mixed salad green
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Place salad greens in bowl and top with tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl, mix tuna, garlic, cilantro, mayo, brown mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce and creole seasoning (if desired), salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Mound tuna mixture on top of salad greens.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.
Wow, this was awesome. Day 1 and I was struggling to find something quick to make. Thanks so much.
This is a great lunch to bring to work. However, I left the balsamic vinegar off since I had no way to bring it to work....and it was still a great lunch!
This is delicious! It was like a party for my taste buds. I love the spicy and tangy flavor. I wish I could give it 10 stars. I will definately be making this again! Thanks for posting it.