South Beach Diet friendly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1Whole wheat bread crumbs:.
- 2Use 2 slices whole wheat bread, toast them until lightly brown, then pulse in a food processor. Set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 4Pound the chicken breasts to a 1/2 inch thickness and cut them into 12 pieces.
- 5In a medium bowl, stir bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, almonds, parsley, garlic, salt, thyme and pepper until mixed.
- 6Pour oil onto a plate.
- 7Dip the chicken into the oil and then into the bread crumb mixture to coat.
- 8Place chicken on a cookie sheet.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes or until juices run clear when the thickest part of the chicken is pierced with the tip of a knife. (Do not turn chicken over).
- 10Serve immediately. Nutrition facts per serving 383 calories, 16 g total fat, 4 g saturated fat, 15 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Beach Diet Oven-Fried Chicken With Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 691.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 36.2 g