Quick White Bean and Spinach Soup
photo by ColoradoCooking
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced roasted garlic
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium V8 juice
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium pan.
- Add the spinach and allow to boil for a bit and wilt down the leaves, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and add the rinsed and drained beans, roasted garlic, and V-8 juice.
- Simmer gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, to taste.
This was a great tasting soup that was so easy to make! I needed to use up the rest of the spinach and found this recipe. Definitely add the parmesan cheese. I also used 2 cans of beans and added red pepper flakes. But it's still good without the cheese as I'm eating the leftovers right now for lunch. Keeper file for sure!