- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add peppers, mushrooms, onion,celery, and garlic. Cook about 7 minutes until vegetables begin to soften. Add seasonings and continue to cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and tomatoes with all their juices and bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer 25 to 30 minutes, until chili is fragrant and slightly thickened.