Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was sent to me, via All recipes. Posted for Zaar World Tour!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 1⁄3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine together with vinegar and milk. Remove from heat, and set aside. Meanwhile, sift flour, baking soda, and salt together into a separate bowl.
- Beat 1 cup sugar and eggs with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy and light colored, about 5 minutes. Gradually mix in the apricot jam. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture alternately with warmed milk mixture using a spatula. Pour batter into a greased, 1 quart oven-proof baking dish.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place cream, butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and stir over moderate heat until the butter has melted and sugar is dissolved. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove pudding from the oven, pierce several times with a skewer or fork, and pour the hot cream mixture immediately over the pudding. Serve hot or cold.
So, this is a Malva Pudding in disguise! Whatever name it goes by, really quite delicious. The creamy/buttery sauce is what sends this simple recipe OTT.
This is not for those who are on a diet! Very rich tasting and very good.:)