Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I am posting for the 2006 ZWT. I have not tried this recipe and it is compliments of AllRecipes chef Hynch.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 1⁄3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pan over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine together with vinegar and milk.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together into a separate bowl.
- Beat 1 cup sugar and eggs with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy and light colored, about 5 minutes.
- Gradually mix in the apricot jam.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture alternately with warmed milk mixture using a spatula.
- Pour batter into a greased, 1 quart oven-proof baking dish.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place cream, butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and stir over moderate heat until the butter has melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove pudding from the oven, pierce several times with a skewer or fork, and pour the hot cream mixture immediately over the pudding.
- Serve hot or cold.
Yummy yummt yummy! Very different, so nice to serve at a dinner party!