Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple side dish posted for ZWT 2006. Source: Global Goumet
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced stuffed green olive
- Cook the beans in boiling water or steam until crisp tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Add the onions, green olives, and hot beans and toss until coated.
- Serve immediately.
Simple but delicious. I used green olives stuffed with garlic cloves which added some extra zip to the salad. Served it with baked BBQ chicken for an easy weekend dinner. Also cut the oil in half and thought that tasted just fine.
Made this for a church potluck featuring South African foods. Everyone liked it!