Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A perfect balance of sweet and sour....my favorite pancake recipe.
Make and share this Sourdough Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup active starter (room temp)
- 1⁄2 cup water, warm (105-110)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (kosher if you have it)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place the Starter in a non-reactive bowl. Add water and flour. Stir with wooden spoon.
- Add honey, egg, salt and butter stirring slightly just until all is combined.
- *Do not over stir batter as this will result in tough pancakes. It is OK if the batter is slightly lumpy.
- Gently stir in baking soda.
- Heat griddle or cooking surface of choice to Medium heat, approx 350).
- Spray cooking surface with cooking spray. (Or may use butter).
- Pour out enough batter to make desired size pancakes.
- Flip only once!
Great! I was looking for a pancake recipe for two people and this one jumped out at me and they are terrific, great taste and a good rise on the cakes.. It's a keeper. Thank You
GREAT TASTING PANCAKES, & fairly easy to put together, too! I had several topped with white corn syrup, which is a definite favorite of mine, but I also had a couple topped with a homemade, just slightly sweetened strawberry syrup ~ OUTSTANDING! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]