Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this online recently, but don't remember where, so the credit for this simple,lovely textured, and delicious bread goes to someone else. It was my husbands first attempt at breadmaking (of any kind) and it turned out so fabulous!It's a simple basic bread that smells and tastes delightful. We served it with a homemade Garlic butter spread. My husband set the opened beer out the night before to go flat.Time is approximate.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sourdough starter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup flat beer
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Place all the ingredients in the machine following manufacture's directions. Program for basic white bread.
- Set the temperature control to Dark and press Start.
- Suggestion: to flatten beer, pour it into a small saucepan and heat it to a simmer. By the time the beer cools down, it will be flat.
Delicious bread! I used Sourdough bread and starter for my starter. I just used the dough cycle on my bread machine and let rise in a glass baking dish until doubled in size. Baked at 350' for 25 minutes, just until it turned lightly brown. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
you are right in your comments about this bread. We loved it. Can't add any more to that, except to say it is simple, smells wonderful, and is a taste delight! Its a keeper.