Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Starts with a mix but tastes totally homemade from scratch. Same recipe can be used with other flavor mixes. Great when you need a last minutes dessert.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease and flour a 13x9 pan.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and blend on low speed of mixer for 1 minute.
- Scrape down sides with spatula.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and tests done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and frost as desired.
I love this recipe! Instead of vegetable oil I used 1/3 cup of melted butter, it made it taste even more homemade. Went great with my homemade fluffy chocolate frosting!
I stopped making yellow cake mixes because I hated the "process flavor" of it that seemed I (a regular baker) could only detect. I decided to try this one because the reviews said it didn't have that "taste" and since it seemed easy. Well I was very happy I did! It taste really good! I will be making it again.
What a nice recipe Marie. We really enjoyed this lovely cake made with a mix. I didn't have enough sour cream so I added some cream cheese to the mix. Wow, was this cake good, quick and easy to make with great results. excellent flavor and texture. The cake was moist, tender and light, frosted with a simple butter cream frosting. Made for Whats on the Menu Tag Game. 2014