Recipe by Marie
Starts with a mix but tastes totally homemade from scratch. Same recipe can be used with other flavor mixes. Great when you need a last minutes dessert.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease and flour a 13x9 pan.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and blend on low speed of mixer for 1 minute.
- Scrape down sides with spatula.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and tests done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and frost as desired.