Chocolate Sour Cream Cake With Sour Cream Frosting
- Ready In:
- Grease and flour 2 9 inch cake pans.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all cake ingredients in mixing bowl and beat at low speed for about a minute, scraping bowl constantly, until well combined.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for about 2 minutes more.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 28-32 minutes, or until they test done.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for about 10 minutes, then remove from pans and let cool completely.
- Melt butter over low heat or in the microwave and pour into mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa and whisk until smooth.
- With an electric mixer on low, alternately beat in sugar and sour cream until well mixed.
- Add vanilla and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Assemble cake in layers. Can store in refrigerator, tightly covered for up to a week (if it makes it that long!), or can be frozen, tightly covered for up to 6 months.
- Thaw in refrigerator overnight before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Since supplies are hard to get here in Costa Rica (at least where I live). I made a chocolate cake from scratch and used you sour cream frosting. it was great. I was concerned about using 3 cups of splenda, but it did not seem to make a diferrence, the frosting was great., thanks for the great receipt. LouDor
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Chandler, Arizona, which is near Phoenix. I have been a registered nurse for almost 25 years. Currently I am a clinical supervisor at a health care clinic. I love to cook rich foods with complex flavors, whether they be main dishes or desserts. I have also been eating low carb for about 5 years, so I am pretty good at modifying recipes to match my lifestyle.