Jeff Hixson's Note:
This is a foolproof pastry that never gets tough no matter how you handle it. It is a dream to handle and tastes great. The sour cream yields a tender flaky pastry.Originally posted by Mean Chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the flour and salt in a 3 qt bowl, stir to blend.
- 2Scatter butter slices over flour and cut in with a pastry blender until the mixture consists of particles that vary in size from small peas to bread crumbs (you can use a food processor for this step).
- 3Stir in the sour cream with a fork.
- 4The pastry will appear dry because the sour cream is thick and does not disburse easily.
- 5With your hands, manipulate the dough into a ball.
- 6Divide in half, wrap in plastic and refrigerate until cold and firm- at least 4 hours, and up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (627 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2119.1
- Calories from Fat 1457
- Total Fat 161.9 g
- Saturated Fat 100.6 g
- Cholesterol 424.1 mg
- Sodium 330.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 23.1 g