Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Even a Northerner will like this recipe. Very easy, filling and everyone comes back for more. First Mexican food I tasted in Tucson.
- 907.18 g ground chuck
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 304.75 g can creamy chicken verde soup
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies
- 473.18 ml shredded Mexican blend cheese or 473.18 ml colby-monterey jack cheese
- 453.59 g sour cream
- 10-12 flour tortillas
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 236.59 ml milk
- Brown ground chuck well ,drain.
- Add the onion and cook until onion is tender.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix soups, sour cream, and milk well. Add the green chilies.
- Warm tortillas in microwave in 2 batches of 5 each wrapped in paper towel for 45 seconds.
- Spoon 1/3 cup hamburger mixture in center of tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese and 2tablespoons sour cream sauce.
- Fold in sides, then roll the tortilla from the top down; continue with all the tortillas.
- Put 1 cup sour cream sauce in bottom of 13x9 inch pan.
- Place rolled tortillas on top of the sauce.
- Pour rest of the sauce over all, then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degree oven, uncover and bake 10 minutes more.
Ditto what AshaK said!I did use gd beef and had to sub the verde soup/I just used Cream of Mushroom. This makes a ton, and leftovers are great:)-thnks!PeggyLynn
This is a new favorite, 10 star enchilada recipe in my house. It's so creamy and delicious! Also breeze to put together. I used ground turkey instead of ground chuck, otherwise made as written. My DH and I are wimps about spicy food so we really liked this because it was mild, but still full of flavor. I put a little bit salsa on top when it came out of the oven. Rose, thank you for sharing this scrumptious recipe!
This was a keeper! I couldn't find creamy chicken verde soup, so I used Southwest pepper jack soup. Yum! Thanks for posting!