From Betty Crocker.
Make and share this Sour Cream Chocolate Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml water
- 6.16 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 113.39 g unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
Rich Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 946.36 ml powdered sugar
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- 44.37 ml milk
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 85.04 g unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 36 regular-size muffin cups with paper baking cups. In large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 1/2 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; place on cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, beat all frosting ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and spreadable. If necessary, stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time. Spread frosting over cupcakes.