Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
A good friend gave me this recipe...it is delicious!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans mild green chilies, chopped
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 -4 cups shredded cheese, as desired
- Boil chicken and save broth.
- Dice chicken and set aside.
- Combine soup, sour cream, chillis, and 1 1/2 cups of broth, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip one tortilla into broth and then into soup mixture, covering whole tortilla.
- Spread chicken and cheese down middle of tortilla.
- Fold and place seam side down in baking dish.
- After all tortillas are used, pour soup mixture in baking dish over tortillas.
- Sprinkle cheese over tortillas.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
I used flour tortillas as called for and I thought it turned out delicious. It was a pretty messy to make though. I topped with salsa, sour cream and avocado.
Saute 1 onion, add cooked chicken, and mix everything together in pot, add salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin for additional flavor. If sauce is too thick, thin with chicken broth. Spray long baking dish with Pam. Put alternate layers of chicken mixture, corn tortillas, then mixed cheeses. Top with salsa verde. Bake at 350 until bubbling hot. Enchiladas are made with corn tortillas, not flour, but to each his own.
Delicious! These enchiladas were a little bit different with the creamy sauce. Everyone here kept complimenting them. I used corn tortillas, and it worked out great. Thanks for the lovely recipe!