Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Like most tex-mex food, this isn't the healthiest fare but it sure is yummy!!! I use low-fat sour cream, low-fat cheese, and whole wheat tortillas to cut a little of the fat and calories and it doesn't effect the flavor at all. Use more or less green chilies to control the spiciness, too. And, to save time cooking, you can use leftover chicken breasts or a whole pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced onions
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 dozen flour tortilla
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil chicken in water until tender. Cut into bitesize pieces.
- In a saucepan heat soup, sour cream, onion and chilies until hot.
- Soften tortillas in chicken broth, top each with chicken pieces and 2 T soup mixture; roll up and place in casserole dish. Do all tortillas.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over all, top with cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes.
Good enchiladas. My grandson loved them and asked for a repeat sometime soon. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
All in all, a good dinner. We just finished this and hubby enjoyed it as well as myself. I decided to try this because it is "somewhat" similar to my chicken enchiladas, but I use Pace Picante Sauce (skipping the green chili's) and also with different measurements. I did like your version and will most likely make them again... next time I get a can of the chili's in the house. P.S. I did NOT use "low-fat" anything! :) Thanks for posting. (Made for PAC 2014)
Very very delicious...DH could only go yummmm. I used rotisserie chicken and used 1 can of soup and added some salsa verda that I had in the fridge to the soup mixture. I did add some garlic and jalapenos for some zest. Definately will make again. Thank you! Made for Fall PAC 201l.