2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
I spent about three hours total making these ... and they were worth it. :) Recipe is from Kraft.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7.08 g package active dry yeast (not instant)
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar, divided
- 59.14 ml warm water (105 F to 115 F)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml BREAKSTONE'S Sour Cream or 236.59 ml KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1064.65-1182.95 ml flour, divided
- oil, for frying
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 1SPRINKLE yeast and 1 teaspoons granulated sugar over warm water in large bowl; stir until dissolved. Let stand 5 minute Add remaining granulated sugar, milk, sour cream, vanilla, baking soda, salt and 4-1/2 cups flour; beat with mixer until well blended, stopping occasionally to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form soft dough.
- 2PLACE dough on lightly floured surface. Knead 10 minute or until smooth and elastic, gradually adding remaining flour if dough is too sticky. Place in well-greased bowl; turn dough so top is greased. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place 1 hour or until doubled in volume.
- 3PUNCH down dough; place on sheet of lightly floured parchment paper. Roll into 12x9-inch rectangle. Use sharp knife or pizza wheel to cut dough into 48 (1-1/2-inch) squares; separate to allow 1 inch between squares. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place 1 hour or until doubled in volume.
- 4HEAT 1/2 inch oil in electric skillet to 350ºF. Gently stretch each square of dough lengthwise into rectangle. Carefully add in batches to hot oil. (Do not crowd dough.) Cook 2 minute or until each beignet is golden brown on both sides, turning after 1 minute Place in single layer on paper towel-covered baking sheets. When all beignets are cooked, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Beignets
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 88.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g