Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A TOH recipe that I got in an email. Described as light and refreshing dessert that's creamy and pretty with the tart raspberry sauce, no one will ever guess that it's fat-free. I've been trying to eat healthier so this seems to fit the bill. Finally got around to making this for family and it was enjoyed by all. Not terribly sweet but the raspberry sauce really set it off - pretty easy also. If you decide to try it hope you'll like it as much as we did.
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute.
- Add sugar; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in sour cream and vanilla.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into a 4 cup mold coated with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- For Sauce:.
- Drain raspberries, reserving syrup; set berries aside.
- Add enough water to the syrup to measure 3/4 cup.
- In small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar.
- Stir in syrup mixture until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in berries.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, unmold dessert on serving plate; top with raspberry sauce.
Should I die from an overdose at least I would die from something I so enjoyed. Made for ZWT #6 ZINGO.
This is the absolute best Bavarian I have ever tasted......am sure it is thanks to the sour cream. Many different toppings can be used to taste but you certainly can't go wrong. Thanks for such a wonderful addition to my dessert file.
i used a mixed berry on this very nice zaar tag 6