Sour Cream Apricot Scones
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add the butter; rub with fingers until mix resembles coarse meal.
- Make well in center; add sour cream and vanilla to the well.
- With a fork, stir sour cream mix into dry until dough forms.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface; sprinkle the apricots over.
- Knead dough until apricots are incorporated; flatten dough into 8-inch round and then cut into 8 wedges.
- Transfer to baking sheet. Brush with the egg and sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.