Recipe by Oolala
I had this at a chain salad bar style restaurant in FL called Sweet Tomatoes and found it online. Souplantation is another name for the chain. It was yummy. I make bacon in the microwave to save time and for easy clean up. If you use precooked bacon bits, this is a no-cook recipe. I think freshly crisped bacon is best but the other will do.
Top Review by sillysindy
Thank you so much!! The main reason I go to sweet tomatoes is for this salad, it's so good.. I got the family eating broccoli ! Ps. I blanched the broccoli- 2 minutes max over hot water and quickly in cold water. (so the broccoli is still crunchy.) Then I use a salad spinner to get all the water out, or else the dressing will be watery.. Enjoy
- 1 bunch broccoli, uncooked, washed, cut into florets
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the broccoli, bacon, cashews, raisins and onions in a large bowl. In a second bowl, beat dressing ingredients together gently until smooth.
- About 10 minutes before serving, toss the salad with the dressing to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve on chilled salad dishes.