Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is as easy as pie, and yummy too! From Woman's Day magazine.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon, drained
- 2 cups cooked green peas
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion (or use fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- Heat oven to 375* degrees.
- Have a shallow 2-to-2 1/2 qt.
- baking dish ready.
- Filling: Mix salmon, veggies, soup, milk, and spices in baking dish.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover tightly; bake 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Topping: Drop 6 mounds of mashed potatoes near edges of dish.
- Bake until mashed potatoes are heated through,, about 15 minutes.
I substituted the spinach for carrots. I loved the addition of the Old Bay. This sure hit the comfort zone at my house! We ate it all up in one sitting! This is an extremely delicious dish that's easy to put together and get on the table in a reasonable amount of time!
canned salmon never tasted so good, i love this,i must confess that i mostly only use my canned salmon for salmon cakes, now i have something new to use it with
This is pretty good. I have to admit it looked kind of sloppy but the taste was really good. Even DH who said eww when he saw it had seconds! I used a large can of cream of mushroom (15oz I think) instead of the celery because that was all I had but it turned out really well with that. Thanks for the great recipe Sharon123...