Recipe by chloe-was-cooking-here
This pound cake recipe I came up with myself! It is really, really moist unlike a lot of those store bought cakes,and it is filling as you would imagine. I suggest having a warm lemon curd glaze on the side. Or if that doesn't float your boat, warm up some strawberry or apple jelly and you've got a mouthful of sunshine on your plate!Plus, it's easily double or halved so you can have as much cake as you want and eat it too! This is best made when hand mixed because you want all of the ingredients thoroughly mixed in.
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter in sugar in large bowl until smooth and creamy with hand mixer.
- Add eggs, a small amount at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- When all of eggs are mixed in, add vanilla flavoring, milk. and flour and beat until all ingredients are combined.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Pour batter into each pan until it is about ¾ full.
- Place in 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven. Bake until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean (approximately 15-25 minutes).
- Let cake cool for 5 minutes, then carefully invert onto large plate or platter.
- Slice cake into desired thickness and serve warm.