Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tastes like the girl scout cookies. recipe came from the Soul cafe in NYC
Make and share this Soul Scout recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
For vanilla caramel sauce
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
For sprinkling on top
- flaked coconut
- toasted peanuts
- melted chocolate
- Make brownies:.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs until light.
- Add sugars and beat until thick and smooth.
- Stir in rum.
- Stir in flour and salt just until mixed, add melted chocolate and stir.
- Spread into a 9-inch springform pan lined with parchment paper, bake about 30-35 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Make vanilla caramel:.
- Combine all of the ingredients (except vanilla) in a sauce pan.
- Over a low heat, stir constantly until mixture reaches 250°F or the soft ball stage.
- Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over baked brownies.
- Let set 2-3 minutes and sprinkle with sweetened flaked coconut and toasted peanuts.
- Cool completely.
- Stripe with melted semi-sweet chocolate.
oh my god, Mia. these are insanely good. the vanilla caramel really makes these brownies! I substitued pecans for peanuts and did half semi-sweet, half milk chocolate for the chocolate stripes. soo good.