Its not Thanksgiving for me unless I have cranberry jello salad. This recipe comes from my mother's side of the family and has been a tradition at Souder Thanksgiving meals for as long as I have been alive. Super easy and delicious! Cooling and chilling take several hours, so prepare at least a day before you plan on serving. I always double the recipe; if you do this, split between at least two containers before chilling or it will take forever to set. (Its still good if it doesn't set!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook cranberries and sugar in 1 1/2 cups of water until cranberries have popped (split open).
- 2Pour raspberry gelatin mix into cooked cranberries and stir until dissolved.
- 3Add 2 cups cold water and let cool for 2 hours.
- 4If desired, transfer to a serving bowl or storage container.
- 5Mix in celery, walnuts and undrained crushed pineapple.
- 6Chill in refrigerator until firm, approximately 3 - 4 hours, overnight is ideal.
Browse Our Top Berries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Berries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Souder Family Cranberry Jello Salad
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 55.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 56.8 g
- Protein 20.8 g