Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Its not Thanksgiving for me unless I have cranberry jello salad. This recipe comes from my mother's side of the family and has been a tradition at Souder Thanksgiving meals for as long as I have been alive. Super easy and delicious! Cooling and chilling take several hours, so prepare at least a day before you plan on serving. I always double the recipe; if you do this, split between at least two containers before chilling or it will take forever to set. (Its still good if it doesn't set!)
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) packagesof raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple (with juice)
- Cook cranberries and sugar in 1 1/2 cups of water until cranberries have popped (split open).
- Pour raspberry gelatin mix into cooked cranberries and stir until dissolved.
- Add 2 cups cold water and let cool for 2 hours.
- If desired, transfer to a serving bowl or storage container.
- Mix in celery, walnuts and undrained crushed pineapple.
- Chill in refrigerator until firm, approximately 3 - 4 hours, overnight is ideal.
I agree this the very best salad ever, thank you for sharing
This is the best cranberry salad. I don't care for citrus which is a common ingredient in cranberry recipes. Thanks for sharing.
When I was little I ate nothing but mashed potatoes and Cranberry Salad at Thanksgiving. I love, love this salad. I'm sure it will be come a family favorite at Thanksgiving for many!