Recipe by Tish
This delicately onion flavored sauce has wide application. Use on poultry, fish or vegies. Any dish you want to give onion flavor to will benefit from this recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups veloute sauce
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions in the butter until transpaents.
- Add the veloute sauce (posted separately) to the onions and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes At this point puree the sauce in a blender.
- This will give you a smooth sauce.
- Add the whipping cream and then season to taste.