1/2 Photos of Sorbets De Pommes Calvados (Apple Sherbet W/Calvados)
6 hrs 30 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
Calvados, the extraordinary apple brandy of Normandy, gives this sorbet a special bite. This can be made in an ice cream machine or in your freezer--there are instructions for both ways.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, bring the sugar and 2 cups of water to a boil.
- 2Add the apples, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- 3Simmer for 45 minutes over low heat, or until the apples are tender.
- 4Remove from heat and cool completely.
- 5When cooled, puree the mixture in a blender of food processor or, my preference, with an immersion blender.
- 6Add the Calvados.
- 7If you are using an ice cream maker, first chill the mixture for at least three hours. Then, pour into your machine and process for 30 to 40 minutes, or until creamy.
- 8Freeze until ready to serve.
- 9If you are using your freezer, Place the mixture in the freezer.
- 10As soon as it begins to freeze, take it out and beat the mixture vigorously by hand for 1 minute.
- 11Return to the freezer and repeat the process one or two more times at thirty minute intervals.
- 12Keep frozen until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sorbets De Pommes Calvados (Apple Sherbet W/Calvados)
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 64.3 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of