This native dish in Colombia is served in earthenware bowls called cazuelas. If you have individual French onion soup pots, you may substitute these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast and butter the bread. Break into large pieces and put several pieces in the bottom of each individual bowl.
- 2Break 1 whole uncooked egg into each bowl.
- 3Dissolve the bouillon cubes in 4 cups of boiling water and immediately pour the boiling.
- 4liquid on top of the eggs.
- 5Sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan cheese to taste.
- 6Put a slice of Swiss cheese on top of each bowl.
- 7Put bowls in the oven, under the broiler until Swiss cheese begins to melt.
- 8Garnish with parsley or coriander (or both).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Pan En Cazuela (Columbian Bread Pot Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 212.2 mg
- Sodium 1333.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 20.1 g