Recipe by ElaineAnn
This native dish in Colombia is served in earthenware bowls called cazuelas. If you have individual French onion soup pots, you may substitute these.
- 3 slices French bread
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- 4 eggs
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 sprig parsley, chopped (or coriander)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast and butter the bread. Break into large pieces and put several pieces in the bottom of each individual bowl.
- Break 1 whole uncooked egg into each bowl.
- Dissolve the bouillon cubes in 4 cups of boiling water and immediately pour the boiling.
- liquid on top of the eggs.
- Sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Put a slice of Swiss cheese on top of each bowl.
- Put bowls in the oven, under the broiler until Swiss cheese begins to melt.
- Garnish with parsley or coriander (or both).