Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Just a Mexican version of scrambled eggs. I usually put in 2 jalapeno pepper finely chopped. You may want to drain off some fluid (from the tomatoes) before adding the eggs
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup sweet green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded ("or" other cheese of your choice)
- 2 -4 flour tortillas
- your favorite salsa
- Cook the onion and pepper in a skillet in the butter until the onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes.
- simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs.
- Cook like scrambled eggs.
- When cooked sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and allow it to melt.
- Serve warm with hot tortillas and salsa.
You know, this is a simple idea and simple ingredients but it is REALLY good together. I love breakfast burritos and this was a nice way to use up some tomatos. This one I will be making again.
A simple and delicious breakfast or anytime treat. I used fresh from the garden peppers and tomatoes. The eggs were egg substitute and the whole thing was served with whole wheat, low carb tortillas. Made for the Breakfast Anytime challenge in the Photo Forum.