Recipe by Bergy
Just a Mexican version of scrambled eggs. I usually put in 2 jalapeno pepper finely chopped. You may want to drain off some fluid (from the tomatoes) before adding the eggs
Top Review by Mysterygirl
You know, this is a simple idea and simple ingredients but it is REALLY good together. I love breakfast burritos and this was a nice way to use up some tomatos. This one I will be making again.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup sweet green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded ("or" other cheese of your choice)
- 2 -4 flour tortillas
- your favorite salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the onion and pepper in a skillet in the butter until the onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes.
- simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs.
- Cook like scrambled eggs.
- When cooked sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and allow it to melt.
- Serve warm with hot tortillas and salsa.