Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
The Celery Seed completes the classic Southern Trinity without adding bulk, and the Jalapeno adds a little kick to this lunch dish.
Top Review by Angela Sara
This was a really tasty one-pot meal, so easy! I used basmati rice and first soaked it in hot water for 20 minutes. It is important to leave it to stand after cookong as the steam continues to cook the rice. Definitely one to be made again. Thanks.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄3 cup jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄3 cup long grain rice
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken, onion, seeded jalapeno peppers and bell pepper into roughly 1/2 inch pieces Heat oil and butter in a sauce pan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Add onion, and saute until nearly transparent.
- Add the rice and stir until all the grains are coated in the oil/butter mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Put the lid on, reduce heat to lowest level, leave alone for 15 minutes.
- DO NOT Peek.
- After the cooking time,without removing the lid, remove from the heat and let sit for an additional 15 minutes.