Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
A quick skillet dish with a barbecue flair that uses left over cooked beef and green beans. Cook your own beans if you wish, but canned green beans are cooked at their peak flavor and are available all year. This could be served over flat noodles or with a side potato dish. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1⁄2 cup beef, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green beans (cooked fresh or canned)
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a small frying pan, and then saute the onions until transparent.
- Add the catsup and vinegar, and cook until hot.
- Add the beef and green beans, stir and cook until the mixture just starts to slightly bubble.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.