1/3 Photos of Solo Poppy Seed Cake
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Wicked Creations's Note:
This was a Slovak traditional cake that was passed down in my family which I make for special occasions and now its my birthday cake. Solo still prints the recipe on the back of its label of Poppy Seed filling. I did not find the recipe in here and wanted to share this truly delectable for all to enjoy since I hate seeing lemon with it-just ruins it. I hear complaints that people think poppy seed is dry and stay away from it. You haven't eaten it properly then! I love poppy seed! It is so addicting! Very moist and good right out of the oven. Even better next day when flavors have mellowed. Its really good cold too. Its so good, it doesn't need frosting!! I will post my lighter version that I use now just for me since I am dieting and for my hypoglycemia. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter (softened-I used butter better for the cake) or 1 cup margarine (softened-I used butter better for the cake)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 12 1/2 ounces solo ground poppy seed filling (1 can)
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream (diary)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Grease and flour 12 cup Bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan and set aside.
- 3Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 4Add poppy seed filling and beat until blended.
- 5Beat in egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Add vanilla and sour cream and beat just until blended.
- 7In a small bowl, blend flour, baking soda and salt.
- 8Add flour mixture to poppy seed mixture gradually beating well after each addition.
- 9In a separate bowl, beat whites with electric mixer untill stiff peaks form.
- 10Fold whites into batter and spread in prepared pans.
- 11Bake for 60 minutes to one hour 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 13Remove from pan and cool completely on rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Solo Poppy Seed Cake
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 403.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g