Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe started as a private game of refrigeator sweep, when I noticed that the jar of green olives had only one olive, but lots of juice. So, I ate the olive and went from there. Cooking is a creative sport.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 squares
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup rice, uncooked (NOT instant)
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) jar green olives, use just the liquid and add enough water to make 2/3 cup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- First slice the Roma Tomatoes, add salt and pepper and set aside. Heat the oil in a frying pan with a tight fitting cover.
- Add rice and stir until all the grains are coated, followed by the chicken and continue to stir until it starts to brown.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, basil, and liquid.
- Cover, reduce the flame to very low and leave alone for 15 minutes.
- Do NOT peek, remove from heat and let it sit covered for another 15 minutes.