Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, thawed,
- 1⁄3 cup raw rice, uncooked (NOT instant)
- 2⁄3 cup water or 2⁄3 cup vermouth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice or 1⁄8 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- In the afternoon, or at least one hour before making the dish, combine the olive oil,juice. Place chicken breast in a plastic bag and add olive oil juice mixture then refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Make sure that the marinade coats the meat. The rest of this process should only take 20 minutes if the steps are followed in order.
- Remove the chicken and place on a hot grill ( total cooking time will be 20 minutes.) and immediately proceed to the next step.
- Add the water to the rice and place in a covered pan over a stove burner with a very low flame.( total heating time will be 15 minutes). After the chicken and the rice have cooked for 10 minutes; turn the chicken breast over.
- Chop the onion and peppers and set aside. After the chicken and rice have cooked for another 5 minutes, turn off the flame under the rice, but do NOT remove the cover.
- Heat up a small amount of butter and/or olive oil in a frying pan; heat the onion and bell peppers until soft. After the chicken has cooked for an additional 5 minutes ( 20 minutes total) remove from the heat. Remove the cover on the rice and stir in the heated onion and bell pepper.
- Pour the rice mixture on a plate and place the chicken breast on top.
- Salt ( I like lemon salt) and pepper to taste.