Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
I use canned green beans because they are available all year, and it makes it possible to use only one pan for this light lunch. This meal goes well with my Solo Hot Potato Wedges or rice.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup cooked green beans (I use canned)
- 2 tablespoons white wine (Vermouth is fine)
- 2 tablespoons pickel juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (Grey Poupon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover both sides of the chicken breast with first the salt and pepper, and then the olive oil.
- Place the chicken breast in a very hot,dry Cast Iron Frying Pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook for another 4 minutes When the chicken is done, lower the heat to medium, push the chicken to one side and add the wine.
- Scrape the loose bits in the pan and then add the pickle juice, mustard and green beans.
- Cook 2 minutes longer and serve.