Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
This started as just another refrigerator sweep, but it tasted so good that I wanted to share. I used cooked roast beef, but I am sure other cooked meats would work here. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1⁄2 cup beef, diced or shredded
- 1⁄2 cup canned sweet peas
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 slices bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the olive oil and the butter into a frying pan, and heat until melted.
- Add the onions and saute until transparent, then add the meat and stir over low heat for two more minutes.
- Add the flour to the pan, and stir until it is mixed with the oil and pan juices.
- Add the sweet peas and the butter milk and stir until the mixture starts to boil and the sauce thickens.
- Pour over two slices of toast.