1/1 Photo of Solar Cooked Hawaiian Kalua Pork
4 hrs 5 mins
This is our solar cooked version of the Hawaiian Kalua Pig (Pork). Please watch how we prepared it on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YldG0t12zfw&feature=channel_page
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the pork shoulder with sea salt.
- 2Rub liquid smoke on the pork.
- 3Place banana peel on top of the pork. (banana peel replaces banana leaves for flavor).
- 4Transfer pork to solar cooking pot and place in solar cooker.
- 5Solar cook until it is completely cooked (about 4 hours).
- 6When pork is done, pull apart/shred.
- 7Serve with rice, stir-fried cabbage, and macaroni salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Solar Cooked Hawaiian Kalua Pork
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.2
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 161.0 mg
- Sodium 147.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hawaiian sea salt