Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sweet whole wheat bread thats great for sandwiches or toast in the morning
- 1 1⁄8 cups warm water
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup agave nectar or 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dry buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- cinnamon (to taste)
- Pour warm water into bread machine pan with agave/honey and yeast. Let rest until froth forms (~8 minutes).
- Mix dry ingredients separately. Addition of cinnamon is added for its natural preservative nature and not for taste. More shakes will add a different taste to the bread.
- After froth forms add dry ingredients to bread machine and set on basic (white bread) setting on light crust.